Thursday 28 February 2013

Something different...

So today I thought I'd do something a bit different and show you my favorite dinner... Seafood and Veg curry.
It is quick and really easy to make, and best of all, it is low in fat and calories. It also contains 3 of your 5 - a - day, so it is a quick way to be healthy!

You will need:
Half a large courgette
6  medium white mushrooms
Half a tin of chopped tomatoes
1 desert spoon of korma curry paste
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1/3 of a bag of mixed seafood
1/2 bag microwave wholegrain rice


Rice - approx 130 kcals
Seafood - approx 100 kcals
Veg - barely any!
Tomatoes - around 40 kcals 
Curry paste - around 100 kcals

First, chop up the mushrooms and courgette into small chunks and cook them with the oil in a saucepan until they start to soften.


Add the tomatoes and curry paste and stir. Cook on a high heat to boil off the water in the tomatoes, then add the seafood. I prefer to use frozen, cooked seafood because then it just defrosts in the mix and warms up before it goes rubbery. 




Microwave the rice for 2 minutes, or if you are not lazy and know how to make rice, (unlike myself)  put the rice on to cook before you do anything else.
Once the seafood has warmed through it is done! And serve!


This whole meal takes no longer than 20 minutes, including preparation, so it is a quick, easy and healthy meal if you are short on time!

You can add any meat to the curry; pork and chicken work particularly well too, and instead of rice, new potatoes also go really well when in the curry, just boil them for 20 minutes before adding them.

I hope you all like this post, I found it fun and different from my regular outfit posts! Hop you don't mind the change!

Now I am off to bed!
Night all!

Samma x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little something nice...