Monday 11 June 2012

When you choose your dress to match your lipstick.

Hi guys!
My giddy god's trousers it has been a good day today.
Bit of a rough start, nearly missed my alarm due to the fact that I had only managed about 2 hours sleep last night because of nerves, but turns out I had no need to be nervous because everyone at Jeffery West is lovely!
Then my taxi didn't turn up. My worst nightmare on the first day of placement, however, me being over cautious and planning for that to happen, I just called another one and still got to work 15 minutes early!

Spent the rest of the day in a bit of a hype. Never worked in an office situation with a desk and people making you endless cups of coffee before! (Surely that should be my job, seeing as I'm the workee?! Not that I am complaining! Got a cool project to do this week, but I won't tell you what till I've finished!

The only possible ruining of the day was the rain. Endless rain. When. Will. It. STOP?!
This meant that once again I had to take my outfit piccys inside, so sorry about the slightly off colour, the dress and lipstick is actually red wine coloured rather than pink.






I love this dress, it was a rare buy for me. As many of you know, I hate Primark with a passion unless it is for something very specific. It is always a mess, too hot and no matter where you stand, there will always be an angry mother and a screaming child within 5 feet of you. Therefore I cannot actually stand to be in the shop longer than 5 minutes, max, but because of the gorgeous colour of this dress, it popped out at me so I was able to grab, peg it to the tills and get out before I was driven insane. 
I don't wear it often enough, as the style is a bit girly for me, not to mention there isn't much stretch in the waist band, so getting it off is a bit of a bugger, but I thought it was perfect for a first day at work. Kinda smart-casual style. Makes an impression without trying too hard I think!

I am also proud to say that my studded black boots from Pasha did me proud today, didn't feel the need to take them off once, even while standing out in the rain waiting 45 minutes for my taxi home! (Was not too impressed as you can imagine) If like me you cannot afford the real JCs (yet), then I strongly urge you to puchase a pair of these beauts.  Best buy ever, and I fully intend to buy them in every colour!

Before I head off to bed to watch Pirates of the Caribbean on Iplayer and get an early night, I just want to say a massive thank you to all the people who read my blog yesterday, I had over 120 views in one evening! Keep reading, recommending and possibly following? It is nice to know people want to read my ramblings! Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :D

So tarrahhh for now my beautiful people! Have a good night! <3

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous!

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog :-) That dress is gorgeous, such a lovely rich colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little something nice...